Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Resignation

Names are redacted to protect me from stupidity, but needless to say, I quit!

Store [REDACTED],

This is Ian Crook's official resignation from [REDACTED] effective immediately. Due to heavy thought of yesterdays example of how a medical condition would be handled at [REDACTED], I find that this has to be done immediately to ensure that no further medical problems will arise from working at that store due to negligence. 

I am faxing over my Pulmonary doctor note stating that I need that mask while construction is present on site. 

I also want to take note at the missing days I received (10/11/2010 and partial day of 10/10/2010) due to the fact I required a mask to ensure safety from my asthma, and that they will be brought up to Human Resources.

Needless to say, during those two days I felt singled out and embarrassed by my condition in front of my peers.

I hope the best for all of you and that everyone takes a serious look at procedure and policy regarding any further health related issues, as I fear for the next person that get's hurt.

--
-Ian Crook

(This message was sent at 8:59am of 10/12/2010)

34 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lie nothing in the world feels better than quitting from a place of work that you dislike

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. great for sticking up for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's one way to leave a job. I like to steal stuff until fired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might have a harassment or OHS/refusal to work with your medial situation case. You might be able to sue for that or discrimination in the workplace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn man, hope you find a better place to work

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is excellent. Way to stick it to em, getting out of shitty jobs is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool post man I have to say that[REDACTED]this blog, the[REDACTED]style comes close to[REDACTED], you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you can get a new job man. following n stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yicks, that sucks, hope you get another job soon which treats you better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good luck man, stuff like that is a buzzkill

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take your job off your hands. A job is a valuable thing these days, hope you realize that! Good luck though and congrats

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you find something much better! And I bet that felt great to get out of your system!

    ReplyDelete
  14. good move! I wish you best of luck at your next job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beersknees is right, id follow up with that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. dang! this is interesting to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sucks dude...hope you find a better place to work for

    ReplyDelete